Thursday, July 3, 2008

The Latte Factor

How I feel:
 
Bob and I had such great video clips of our boys, but they were lost in a mess of footage where we forgot to shut the camera off, where we shot just way too long, etc. I really wanted it edited and presented in a way that anyone would enjoy watching.
 
When we were deciding if a video by Reflections of a Lifetime was something we wanted to do, we looked at it as our "Latte Factor"  My husband and I once figured out how much money together we spent per year getting our favorite drink, "chai latte" at Starbucks. It was upwards of $1000 dollars! I started getting my chai from a box at Safeway and that money now goes to the most wonderful videos that capture my children and my family.  All that tape would be sitting in a shoebox, pointless, had Kathleen not edited & put it together the way she did. 
 
My kids love to watch themselves. They dance to the music and they are amazed at seeing themselves.  It is a great day when they ask to see their "baby tape" and not Bob the Builder or Thomas the Train!

- Sara Grover, Mom of Jonah & Nate
(Click on Kathleen's picture to go to her website)
 

No comments: