Thursday, July 3, 2008

Young at Heart - are you among them?

Young at Heart
Movie Review

I'm no Siskel or Ebert but as someone who loves working with old folks, I really appreciated seeing the movie, Young at Heart which may or may not still be in the theaters at this point. It is the story of a 53-year-old taskmaster choral conductor who works with folks in their 70's, 80's and even 90's to sing songs from the younger generations' repertoire, including James Brown's I Feel Good...dududududududu. and Coldplay's Fix You, not to mention a song called Schizophrenia. They even take their show on the road.

The movie was so beautifully shot and edited I wanted to be on their crew, getting those interviews, recording their processes as they lived their lives FULL OUT. A real feel GOOD movie that made me want to live my life to the fullest. The movie also inspired me to shoot/edit other fascinating documentaries out in the big wide world! Know anyone who needs help?

Take your Mom and Pop or Grandma and Grandpa. It's sure to uplift and inspire!

Kathleen

No comments: